Tuesdays with Dorie: Dorie's Anytime Cakes - Mix-It-Up Citrus Loaf Cake
The fifth recipe I made with the Tuesdays with Dorie: Dorie’s Anytime Cakes group is Mix-It-Up Citrus Loaf Cake and can be found in Dorie Greenspan’s newest cookbook, Dorie’s Anytime Cakes on page 61.
Ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, sugar, citrus fruits (I used 2 lemons, 2 clementines), eggs, honey, olive oil, and optional citrus glaze.
I love TWD weeks when No Chocolate Is Harmed…and even better when it’s LEMON week, my most favorite flavor of all. This little loaf cake comes together quickly with ingredients I always have hanging around, so when I needed a quick dessert to serve, I knew this would be perfect. And it was…perfect in every way a cake should be, easy, moist, delicious, and not too large. The recipe gave an optional marmalade glaze but I decided to just sprinkle some powdered sugar on it as I'm not that fond of a sticky glaze. Definitely repeat-worthy.
If you would like to join in, just make it, bake it, and leave a link to your post at the Tuesdays with Dorie website. At the website you will find the postings for the current recipe, the list of recipes chosen each month, and some baking chit chat that is definitely helpful as well as fun. We don’t publish Dorie's recipes here, but you can buy the book and have them ALL at your fingertips.

Good to know the lemon was a hit! I will need to try that next time! So good to have you back baking with the group 🥰
ReplyDelete