Tuesdays with Dorie: Dorie's Anytime Cakes: Bran-Berry Muffins

 


       The fourth recipe I made with the Tuesdays with Dorie:  Dorie’s Anytime Cakes group is Bran-Berry Muffins and can be found in Dorie Greenspan’s newest cookbook, Dorie’s Anytime Cakes on page 213. 

       Ingredients:  whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, wheat bran, baking powder, sea salt, baking soda, sugar, eggs, honey, milk, yogurt, neutral oil, blueberries, and turbinado sugar.
       The recipe comes together quickly with ingredients I always have on hand. I made half a recipe (6 muffins) as that seemed more manageable for just 2 people over a few days. It worked out well for dividing in half, I made it as written, and the muffins baked in the 20 minutes she suggested. The flavor is excellent (we liked the whole wheat forward taste). Quick, easy, delicious: definitely repeat-worthy.
       If you would like to join in, just make it, bake it, and leave a link to your post at the Tuesdays with Dorie website (https://tuesdayswithdorie.wordpress.com).  At the website you will find the postings for the current recipe, the list of recipes chosen each month, and some baking chit chat that is definitely helpful as well as fun.  We don’t publish Dorie's recipes here, but you can buy the book and have them ALL at your fingertips. 

Comments

  1. These were good, weren't they? Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good. Thanks...will catch up a bit.

      Delete
  2. These muffins were delish. Glad you and Mark enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy them, they were worthy of a full recipe.

      Delete
  3. These look perfect. So good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be back...for the bakes and because I missed you all. :-)

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! I have missed you! We thought these were excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you, too...the people are just as much a part of it as the bakes. I'll do a bit of catching up.

      Delete
  5. Yum ! While I used raisins (because I had them on hand lol) you have me swooning over the juicy blueberries you added. Next time for sure :) Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  6. great to see you! your muffins are bursting with berries-- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were such a pleasant surprise to me!! So glad you and Mark enjoyed them too…and most importantly welcome back! We missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They were definitely delicious! Maybe you could add in some chocolate chips for Mark . . . . Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Dorie - Custardy Apple and Kale Cake

Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Dorie - The Daily Bread: White Bread Edition

Tuesdays with Dorie: Dorie's Anytime Cakes: Cocoa-Swirled Pumpkin Bundt